Here are a few of the questions people have frequently asked me in the more than twenty-five years I have been intentionally focused on the spiritual quest as an adult:
- If God knows our every thought and need, why do we have to pray?
- Why do bad things happen to good people and it seems like good things happen to the bad people?
- Did God create evil?
- What happens to us after we die?
- Why do we have to suffer?
- What does the Catholic Church teach about the end of the world?
- Why do you worship Mary and the saints?
- Why do Catholics have to go to mass on Sunday?
I’m sure you have many more!
Here is a link to the website of Fr. Robert Barron, a priest in the Chicago area who has spent the last few years helping people with their questions about Catholicism and sorting out the many misconceptions about what we believe: